When George Muller was asked how he determined the Will of God on any matter, he listed the following steps he believed were necessary for any situation.
Share this Image On Your Site
George Muller, in the mid-1830s, cared for over 2,000 orphans in England – all by faith in God. Muller was known as the man who got answers to his prayers. Before he died, he had listed in his journals over 50,000 answers to prayer.
When asked how he determined the will of God on any matter, Muller listed the following steps he believed were necessary:
- “I get my heart into such a state that it has no will of its own in regard to any particular matter.”
- “I do not leave the result to feelings or simple impressions. That can make one open to great delusions.”
- “I seek God’s will through, or in connection with, his Word. If you look to the Spirit without the Word, you open yourself to delusion.”
- “I consider providential [God-controlled] circumstances.”
- “I ask God in prayer to reveal his will to me.”
- “I make sure I have a clear conscience before God and man.”
- “Every time I listened to men instead of God, I made serious mistakes.”
- “I act only when I am at peace, after much prayer, waiting on God with faith.”
When you give yourself to prayer, your faith rises. And when you feed on God’s Word, your confidence in his power to lead and help you increases. The more you read His Word, the more you will understand His Character.
George Muller got to the point that he knew he could trust God to provide his every need as long as he was in the center of God’s Will. There is absolutely no safer place to be than right in the center of where God would have you be.
This post written by Cathy Deaton.
Please check out my other sites:
How To Deal With A Selfish Person
Handbook for Victorious Christian Living
Blueprint for Victorious Christian Living
Amazon Kindle Author Page
Powered By WP Footer