Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow; it empties today of its strength.
Corrie Ten Boom
It takes a huge amount of mental strength to be consumed with worry. It upsets your stomach, makes you a nervous wreck, and makes you totally incapable of thinking about anything else. Yet many of us have bought into the MYTH that we are not concerned about the problem if we don’t worry about it. That seems to somehow make us feel that we are still in control even though that is far from the truth.
Since worry consumes your thinking, it renders you virtually incapable of doing your best work or living your best life on a daily basis. All you can think of is what you are worried about and it totally consumes you.
The Bible gives the best advice you can ever read on this subject:
Matthew 6: 25-34
- Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?
- Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?
- Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?
- And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin.
- Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.
- If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you – you of little faith?
- So do not worry saying, What shall we eat? Or what shall we drink? Or What shall we wear?
- For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them.
- But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
- Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Over and over in these verses the Bible gives the command not to worry about your circumstances or problems. In reality, all the worrying in the world has never solved a single problem. In fact, it keeps you from finding a solution to your problem or from being open to the Holy Spirit’s guidance on what to do to solve it.
If you are a chronic worrier, I can’t tell you it will be easy to stop letting worry control you, but it definitely is possible to win the victory over it.
The following are some practical steps you can take to stop worry in its tracks:
- remind yourself that you have given the problem to God to handle how he desires
- THEN tell Satan out loud that you have already given it to God
- THEN absolutely REFUSE to be consumed by worry
- THEN tell Satan to leave you alone in the Name of Jesus (he has to do it because “Greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world”) There is great power in the Name of Jesus
- do this as many times a day as needed to show Satan you mean business
It won’t be easy at first, but if you persist Satan will see that he is losing the battle in that area and knows that eventually he will not have power over you any more.
It is so easy for us to be VERY STUBBORN and persistent at doing things that are sometimes bad for us and keep us in bondage.
If you can be stubborn enough to continue to let worry control you, you certainly can be stubborn enough to do whatever it takes so that worry does not control you.
When you cry out to God for help, He will hear you and give you whatever strength you need to win the battle against all the forces of hell that are trying to come against you. Don’t let Satan win another battle in your life. Every time you stand up against him you will become more victorious as a Christian and He will be able to use you in a mighty way.
This post written by Cathy Deaton.
Please check out my other sites:
How To Deal With A Selfish Person
Handbook for Victorious Christian Living
Blueprint for Victorious Christian Living
Amazon Kindle Author Page
Powered By WP Footer